Exchange a Sale
When a customer returns an item to exchange for another, you are doing two transactions: return the item and sale of another.
To process a exchange sale, follow the steps below:
- To search the sales transaction, customer must provide the receipt or the name and date/time of the sale.
- Click the ‘return and exchange the sale’ button, this will direct you to the screen ‘return and exchange’.
- You can search the sales by reference, customer name and product barcode.
- You can filter the sales by start date and end date.
- While you search for sales by reference, list of reference appear over there.
- Then click the reference which you need.
- The sale will retrieved and placed in ‘Return and Exchange’ screen.
- Next, click ‘exchange’ button, it shows pop up window.
- While exchange the sale, you may exchange either whole order or some items.
- Make a changes in the sale and click ‘submit’ button.
- The sale is returned successfully, returned item amount is displayed in the sales screen.
- Exchange the item for a replacement.
- If the customer has exchanged an item for one with a higher price, you will need to charge the customer extra. This amount will be listed in the payable amount field.
- If the customer has exchanged an item for one with a lower price, then refund the balance amount to the customer. This amount will be listed in the payable amount field.
- Click ‘pay’ button, The payment window is open.
- Finally complete the payment process.